Life can feel lonely sometimes – even when we’re surrounded by friends and family. When we’re struggling with our own issues, it can feel like no one understands exactly what we’re going through.
That’s where life coaching services come in. Let’s explore what they are, what types exist, and how you can find a life coach that’s perfect for you and your needs.
What Are Life Coaching Services?
A life coach is a person who can help you progress in various aspects of your life. People who work with coaches can get support to improve their mindset, personal skills, relationships, career, and much more.
Typically, coaches receive some form of training or coaching themselves, to become life coaches. There isn’t one universally accepted certification or standard, but several certifications exist to train life coaches, including:
- Life Coach Institute
- Health Coach Institute
- Integrative Wellness Academy
- Internationally Accredited Training Center – NLP & Certified Life Coach Trainings
- International Coaching Federation
- And many more!
A talented life coach can help you:
- Set and clarify the right goals for you
- Identify what’s holding you back from achieving those goals
- Create a plan of action to get through what’s holding you back
- Make the most of your unique skills to get to where you want to be
- Unlock your full potential
The best part about life coaching services is that anyone can use them! No matter where you are in life and what path you’ve taken, there’s a coach out there who can help you overcome your current challenges.
8 Types of Life Coaching Services
The life coaching services you can get vary wildly. Not all coaches have the same coaching style or specialty.
Here are just eight of the most popular life coaching services you can find.
1. Relationship coaching
A relationship coach can help you improve your communication skills and navigate all types of relationships in your life.
There’s a common misconception that you only need a relationship coach if you have unhealthy relationships. But anyone can benefit from relationship coaching! There are always ways you can improve yourself and make the most of the relationships with the people you love.
2. Financial coaching
A financial coach can guide you through anything money-related in your life. Whether you want to learn how to budget or need guidance to plan for retirement, financial coaching can help you get there.
A financial coach can also help you heal your mindset around money.
3. Business coaching
Business coaching is ideal for anyone who either has a business or wants to start their own business.
Even business owners who already feel successful can learn a lot from business coaching services. Business coaches provide a fresh perspective that can empower business owners to find new growth opportunities. Businesses have to establish themselves both physically as well as virtually by building their personal website, marketing their services, and establishing strong client relationships. These are all specialties that a business coach can help with.
4. Personal development coaching
Personal development coaching covers a wide range of topics. A personal development coach can guide you towards:
- Learning better time management
- Becoming more empathetic
- Stopping procrastination
- Overcoming fear
- Gaining confidence
- Letting go of the past
- And much more!
Just like relationship coaching, anyone can benefit from getting personal development coaching services. It simply feels amazing and empowering to see yourself improving.
5. Health and wellness coaching
Health and wellness coaches are similar to personal development coaches, but with a focus on your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Instead of helping you develop yourself, they guide you to:
- Implement healthy eating habits
- Improve your mindset
- Become more mindful
- Overcome stress and anxiety
- Develop an exercise regimen that’s suited to your personal needs
Some health and wellness coaches can guide you in your spiritual journey as well.
6. Recovery coaching
It can be difficult and extremely lonely to overcome addiction. Support groups can help, but some people need a more individual touch.
Recovery coaching services exist to support people through overcoming addiction – and the life changes that come with it.
Recovery coaches can also support you in overcoming trauma.
7. Career coaching
Unlike business coaches, career coaches focus on helping you advance your career – or completely change directions with it.
A career coach can support you by helping you discover what your career goals are, getting better at interviews, understanding the job market, and even creating an effective resume.
They can also help you develop valuable skills, like leadership, so that you can have an edge in the market!
8. Transitional coaching
As the name suggests, transitional coaching is designed to help you through big life transitions.
Some examples of transitions that you can get coached through include:
- Moving to a new city, state, or country
- Starting a new career or making an important career change
- Graduating college (or going back to college)
- Having your first child
- Older kids leaving the nest
These are all changes that be overwhelming to go through alone. A transition coach can help you put things in perspective and give you the necessary tools to navigate these changes.
How to Know Which Life Coaching Services You Need
With all the types of life coaching services available, how do you know what kind of coach to seek out?
Believe it or not, it’s not always obvious. There’s no button you can press that will automatically tell you where you could get the most support.
But you can survey several areas of your life and ask yourself some questions to uncover where you might need the most help.
Here are some examples of indications that you can use to decide which life coaching services you need:
- Are you facing any important transitions in your life, such as a new relationship, a divorce, a new career, or a cross-country move? Consider looking for a transitional coach.
- How fulfilling is your career? Do you feel like you are making the most of it? If you feel uncertain or unhappy about any aspect of your career, look for a career coach.
- Take a look at the relationships in your life. Do you feel like they bring you joy? Or do relationships with other people seem to drain you? If this is the case, a relationship coach could help you out.
- Do you have a business, and if so, is it where you want to be? Do you feel stuck and unsure of how to move past your current stage? A business coach can help you overcome these hurdles and maximize your potential.
- Are you living paycheck to paycheck? Do you always feel like your money is disappearing faster than you can count it? Look for a financial coach who can help you build a better relationship with money.
- Did you go through trauma? Do you feel like this trauma is holding you back from living fully as your happiest self? Or do you struggle to overcome addiction? A recovery coach can help you deal with this very important chapter in your life.
- Do you feel confident about your health and wellness habits? If not, a health and wellness coach can help you create sustainable change to help you reach your goals.
This leaves the final life coaching category: personal development. If none of the above resonate with you, but you still feel like you have the potential to improve, look for a personal development coach.
How to Find Life Coaching Services Online
Feeling overwhelmed with the task of choosing a life coach? There are plenty of ways you can find life coach services online!
Follow coaches on social media
One of the best ways to understand a life coach’s vibe is to follow them on social media. For example, you can search on Instagram for the type of life coach you’re looking for, then read their bios and follow the ones you feel you’d get along with.
Over a few days, look at their stories and read what they post. Watch any videos they may publish. This will allow you to understand a bit more about their life coaching philosophy.
You can also get a feel for how they speak and how they show up for their audience.
Look at testimonials
Whether you find a life coach on social media, a directory, or anywhere else, it’s a good idea to check out their testimonials.
Some coaches use social media to share testimonials. You can also look at their website to see if they have testimonials for specific packages or programs.
What if you can’t find any testimonials? It doesn’t mean this life coach isn’t well-suited for you. You can always ask the coach directly for testimonials when reaching out to them.
Use a life coach directory
Another way to find a life coach is to search through life coach directories. These are databases that help connect you with coaches across the world.
The great thing about a directory is that they allow you to filter for the types of life coaching services you want. That makes the task a bit less daunting. Check out CoachCompare for a wide variety of coaches who work online.
Make the Most of Life Coaching Services
With all this info in hand, you’ll be able to make a confident decision when it comes to choosing the best life coaching services for your unique needs.
But what if you want to become a life coach yourself? Our coaching software, Paperbell, makes it easier than ever to handle payments, contracts, scheduling, and all the other admin details involved in running your own life coaching business. Create your free account today to get started!